Market Risk Manager - Gas/Power
- KOCH AG & ENERGY SOLUTIONS
- 044361 Requisition #
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Energy Services is seeking a Market Risk Manager to support the Energy Services group in Houston, TX. The Market Risk Manager leads the effort to apply Koch's disciplined risk optimization approach to Koch's natural gas and power commercial and trading activities.
In this role, the Market Risk Manager's responsibilities include:
- Ensuring application of a disciplined trading process to optimize risk adjusted returns
- Participating in the challenge process for mental models, trading strategies, and potential deals/acquisitions
- Helping commercial personnel understand reward/risk and capital requirements of potential deals and exploring structuring alternatives to optimize return
- Verifying that trading activity and positions are consistent with strategies and current market points of view
- Working with traders and management to establish trading authority limits
- Maintaining accurate risk measures and monitoring daily risk levels against risk based limits
- Monitoring current market conditions to judge whether current risk methodology is appropriate and whether management should be notified about significant changes in the potential risk profile
- Leading and mentoring the risk analyst team
- Facilitating collaboration between Commercial, Finance, IT and Risk to develop and implement efficient, repeatable processes and systems to support new business activity
- Interacting with other risk professionals at Koch Industries to gain, share, and apply knowledge.
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years experience in and understanding of natural gas and/or power markets
- 3+ years experience in market risk management
- Strong collaboration & communication skills
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Risk modeling capability / experience using a major ETRM system
- Solid understanding of commodity market concepts & fundamentals
- Ability to make the complex simple
- Highly motivated
- Complex problem solving skills
- Strong math, statistics, and analytical capability
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related Business degree
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5+ years experience in and understanding of natural gas and/or power markets
- 5+ years experience in market risk management
- OpenLink Endur system experience
- Strong computer skills
- Advanced degree / emphasis: risk management, math/statistics
- Risk Management certification
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about KAES?
Koch Energy Services, LLC (KES) and Koch Canada Energy Services, LP (KCES) market natural gas and power throughout North America with offices in Houston, TX, Denver, CO, Calgary, Alberta & Wichita, KS and are subsidiaries of Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC.
KES/KCES manage over 2 BCFD of natural gas demand throughout North America. These companies lease transport and storage and actively trade across all major gas hubs. KES add value through its expertise in market analysis, physical gas trading, marketing, asset optimization, and innovative energy solutions. KES manages gas supply and power off-take for our affiliate, Odessa-Ector Power Partners, LP, that operates a 1,000MW natural gas fueled electric power plant in Odessa, TX.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf