Application Systems Analyst
- KOCH PIPELINE
- 046018 Requisition #
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. (KPL) is seeking an Application Systems Analyst in Wichita, KS. The role presents an opportunity to be in a team that builds and supports business applications that enhance business processes and help ensure long-term sustainability for the company. The role will be responsible for the support and in depth ownership of applications core to KPL. The ASA will also be responsible for providing day to day support of specific applications across KPL with the main focus to ensure application reliability and performance, as well as driving innovation and efficiencies. The position will allow the selected candidate to work with different tools, as well as work on diverse projects, systems, and with different capabilities within KPL.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide primary technical support for assigned software applications
- Work with application owners/users to define application requirements, locate viable solution alternatives, implement, test and support selected solutions
- Provide analysis and problem definition for production issues
- Understand the business processes for each supported functional group and how these processes tie into KPL applications
- Collaborate with team members in the areas of systems development/support
- Resolve known issues or escalate to vendors or internal support
- Create/Support interfaces, data processing/transformation logic and reports
- Conduct application testing as new deliverables are received from vendors
- Write documentation to describe application installation, operating procedures, and application objectives.
- Proactively share knowledge on potential improvements to business and/or technology processes with customers and peers
- Follow best practices in change control to support a highly available application environment, review and help set maintenance schedules
- Create temporary workaround procedures when standard procedures fail
- Communicate upcoming changes, outages, releases to affected users
- 2+ years of experience supporting applications using object-oriented technologies such as .NET and Java (both client and server sides)
- 2+ years of experience supporting database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server
- 1+ year of experience using SSRS and SSIS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service skills to work with users on defining needs and addressing issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Occasional after-hours work required for implementation of application and/or database updates and patching
- Position requires the ability to be on-call on a rotational basis and to respond to calls 24/7 for emergency response
- This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Four years of related experience
- 1+ year of experience supporting SharePoint 2013
- 1+ year of experience using Data visualization technologies such as Power BI, Tableau, or Amazon QuickSight
- 1+ year of experience working cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience developing test plans
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about KPL?
Koch Pipeline Company strives to create value for our customers and society through the safe and environmentally responsible operation of about 4,000 miles of pipelines in the United States. With a presence in seven U.S. states, Koch Pipeline's commitment to safety and environmentally responsible operations have earned praise and commendations from industry and governmental organizations, including being named one of America's Safest Companies. The company integrates Market-Based Management® into its systems and processes. Koch Pipeline is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf