Electrical Maintenance Superintendent
- 046613 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Electrical Maintenance Superintendent for the Consumer Products Paper mill located in Zachary, LA.
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the safety and direction of the electrical maintenance teams servicing the facility. This position manages all electrical maintenance activities in the mill. The role will directly supervise the maintenance reliability group and 5 electrical maintenance supervisors.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Work around dust, chemicals and other substances
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
- Associate degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Business Administration
- 7 or more years of general maintenance experience working within an industrial/manufacturing operation
- 5 or more years of work experience specifically within maintenance supervisory positions – with responsibility for salaried direct reports
- Experience using the following Microsoft Office Software: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing); and Project (creating a project plan, adding tasks, resources and milestones)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing operation with focus on Electrical and Reliability Maintenance.
- Experience with planning, leading and executing major work outages.
- Experience within a Pulp & Paper manufacturing operation.
- Experience with industrial boilers and pulp recovery operations.
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Experience applying financial and statistical skills within a manufacturing operation.
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf