- 045340 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing, electrical control systems, instrumentation, electronic circuits, (motor controls, relay logic, AC/DC drives and low voltage switchgear)
Troubleshooting using proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills
Documenting information and changes to electrical systems
- Installing industrial electrical equipment
Working with mechanical and electrical machinery, including the hydraulic and pneumatic systems
performing electrical preventative maintenance tasks (PM's)
What You Will Need:
- At least one year experience as an industrial-manufacturing electrician
- Must have troubleshooting skills, quality workmanship, and be self-motivated
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Required to work in a very fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety, quality, environmental concerns and production goals.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What Will Put You Ahead?
Completion of 2 years of an accredited electrical training program or hold an Arkansas Electrical Journeyman license, or similar military experience
Efficient troubleshooting knowledge using PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers)Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new software applications
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics/blueprints
- Knowledge of 3 phase 480 volt electrical systems Knowledge and experience with electrical aspects of industrial equipment
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf