Federal Affairs Administrative Assistant
- KOCH INDUSTRIES INC
- 046178 Requisition #
Who are we? Watch to find out!
This position is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative and project specific support for three (3) Federal Affairs Directors and one (1) Coalitions Director, as well as back-up support for the Vice President of Federal Affairs and other Federal Affairs team members. This position involves extensive contact with internal personnel as well as individuals in congressional or government agency staff and leadership roles.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Solid understanding of and commitment to classical liberal ideals, market principles and the advancement of liberty
- Strong personal integrity, work ethic, and compliance focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, think critically/strategically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional in manner and demeanor
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Routine administrative tasks such as preparation of correspondence, invoice payments, expense reports, company procurement card reconciliation, courier and overnight shipping, telephone coverage, etc.
- Management of day-to-day scheduling activities and travel
- Coordination and scheduling of PAC events for Federal Affairs team
- Management of, or assistance with, projects as may be requested by Federal Affairs team members
- Provide backup coverage for the front office reception area and switchboard as required
What You Will Need:
2+ years' experience assisting federal lobbyists, legislators, or policy makers, including extensive meeting scheduling and travel planning
1+ years of experience working on Capitol Hill in an administrative or scheduling role
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (particularly Outlook), internet research tools, and databases
High school diploma or equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead?
Associate or Bachelor's degree
4+ years’ assisting federal lobbyists, legislators, or policy makers, including meeting scheduling and travel planning
This role will not be eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Less than 10% travel
May be required to work overtime and/or weekends to meet the requirements of the job
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about KII?
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, grain processing and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested approximately $65 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 930 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit www.kochnews.com.
The businesses' popular consumer brands include Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Dixie® tabletop products, LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf