Manufacturing Engineer - Towel
- 046802 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Manufacturing Engineer opportunity to support the Port Hudson Paper Towel Product Stream within our Mill located in Zachary, LA. The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities specifically within our Towel paper making manufacturing segment. This role will manage and lead the Towel Paper Machine technical team.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Create and Lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. Ensure excellence with the safety systems on the Towel Paper Machine.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Lead the implementation of complete asset strategies and operator basic care execution in the Towel Paper Machine Area
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Ability to collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
- Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical problem solving skills – ability to troubleshoot
- Lead daily operation to maximize overall operating efficiency of the paper machine.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- 2 or more years of paper manufacturing experience
- Experience leading projects, coaching and mentoring others within a manufacturing environment (i.e. demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and transfer knowledge to get results)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What Will Put You Ahead?
Bachelor’s degree or higher in degree Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Paper Science
- Experience working within a TAD papermaking operation
- 3 or more years of experience as a supervisor with responsibility for direct reports
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf