MGR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY & HEALTH - ALBANY GA
- 045947 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Environmental Health and Safety Manager – Albany, GA
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager reporting to the Director of Operations at our Corrugated Box Plant in Albany, GA.
To learn more about Albany, GA:
The EH&S Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction to the facilities through the application of the MBM framework and Guiding Principles.
This individual will ensure systems effectively address the facility EH&S risk profile. Develop and/or align facility EH&S strategy according to the business/enterprise EH&S plan. Facilitate EH&S ownership by the line organization. Generally speaking, the role is somewhat balanced between Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on the environmental aspects of the facility.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Manage the medical & worker’s compensation program, as well as the Contractor OCIP process
- Develop and share an EH&S vision for integration into the organization
- Foster an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EH&S
- Ensure incentive metrics are performance based (i.e. leading indicators) in addition to outcome based (i.e. trailing indicator)
- Facilitate EH&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the EH&S Management System
- Ensure EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization’s roles, responsibilities and expectations
- Lead the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards
- Increase critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of unsafe behaviors
- Create a culture of safe behavior and helps individuals and the organizations understand the hierarchy of controls with regards to risk mitigation and safe behaviors
- Ensure an effective change management process is in place
- Partner with facility leadership with the development of short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensure action plans address the facilities culture and risk
- Ensure the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Management reviews are routinely conducted and plans are adjusted as necessary
- Utilize development plans to grow EH&S skills and knowledge
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental or other technical field, or a minimum of 5 years work experience
- A minimum of 5 years EH&S experience in industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to achieve CSP certification
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processes
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf