OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- 046647 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
To learn more about our culture click here:
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Systems Engineer to enhance the Operations Technology team. The GP OT team primary focus is the reliability and security of manufacturing controls and automation systems. The position is based out of Brunswick, GA.
- Work as part of a larger team to implement Operational Technology standards across all manufacturing and controls environments.
- Participate in the implementation, documentation, and support of systems and applications required in the manufacturing environment.
- Support for upgrade and\or replacement of systems as part of a technical strategies.
- Maintain Windows Software Update Services (WSUS) patching solution in support of Industrial Control Systems and Automation solutions. Work with multiple vendors to verify and deliver appropriate patches to sites.
- Maintain an anti-virus solution in support of Industrial Control Systems and Automation solutions.
- Develop reporting tools, metrics, and scorecard data for OT team and customers
- Occasional travel to participate in field work and projects at manufacturing sites.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong technical troubleshooting skills
Interpersonal skills for supporting remote customers
Strong communication, documentation, and organizational skills
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline.
- At least 4 years experience in manufacturing IT or controls engineering role.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 2+ years experience.
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with or supporting process control or automation.
- In-depth knowledge of WSUS, antivirus, networking, and firewalls.
- Application development skills.
- Experience with any of the following controls vendor solutions: Rockwell Automation, Honeywell Process Solutions, Emerson Process Management, OSI, ABB, and GE Automation.
- Industry certifications.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf