Paralegal - Contracts
- 045868 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
You know us already! We make Brawny® paper towels, Dixie® paper cups and plates, Angel Soft® bath tissue, enMotion® paper towel dispensers, the DensGlass® gypsum board and Plytanium® plywood you see in your local home improvement stores, and much more! We employ about 35,000 people who want to make a positive difference in today’s world by creating real long-term value for our customers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
In this role, you will be responsible for working with division counsel to provide legal support for the respective consumer products businesses. You will:
- Use your drafting proficiency and attention to detail to perform the initial legal review and/or drafting of a wide variety of contracts, including goods and services purchase and/or sales agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, and advertising, marketing and promotional agency agreements.
- Apply your knowledge of contracting concepts, analytical skills and ability to think strategically to promote better decision making by your clients and help them solve problems throughout the lifecycle.
- Work directly with clients as well as other legal functions and subject matter experts collaborating on cross-functional teams, engaging your communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships that enable you to anticipate and satisfy your customers’ needs.
- Work with division counsel to provide support and guidance to the business marketing teams in developing marketing and advertising materials, including substantiation for advertising claims made about the company's products.
- Review and evaluate advertising, marketing and promotional copy to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist Division Counsel in training the various business marketing team members to recognize, appreciate and mitigate risks related to advertising, marketing and promotional activities.
- Review and approve proposed product packaging and labeling.
- Support Division Counsel as required to pursue potential advertising claims disputes with competitors, as well as challenges proceedings in the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau or similar agencies in other jurisdictions.
What You Will Need:
Basic Qualifications: At least three years of paralegal or equivalent experience managing the full contract lifecycle (e.g., drafting, review, and negotiation).
What Will Put You Ahead?
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Paralegal certification. Advertising claims substantiation experience. Experience in Marketing, Advertising and Promotions law. Commercial law expertise. Technology acumen, including capability with contracts databases and electronic document generation and storage systems.
Why Work For GP?
You will be working alongside a bunch of great people in a culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance. You will have opportunities for career growth at one of the largest, most financially-stable companies in the world. You will be encouraged to challenge the status quo and share your knowledge with others, and your responsibilities and rewards will be based on your contributions. You will enjoy competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness.
Think this job is a great fit for you? Take the next step and apply online!
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf