- 043683 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensure employees are working in a safe manner.
- Ensure minimum expectations are being met on a daily basis.
- Strive for compliance excellence in environmental health and safety and quality.
- Ensure that best practices are being followed to minimize waste.
- Provide coaching and training to further advance the crew’s technical ability as well as increase safety and quality performance. Be able to address key issues and concerns with employee development. Be able to develop and complete annual performance feedback sessions for all employees and develop corrective action plans as necessary to close performance gaps.
- Lead crew to attain or exceed production goals with minimal quality defects and hold employees accountable as necessary. Ensure all employees are following best run practices as well as adhering to quality standards.
- Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees
- Exemplify and advance the MBM® (Market Based Management) philosophy
- Drive continuous improvement in the facility
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory or military leadership role
- A minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Willing to work off shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), PowerPoint (prepare and present presentations)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills – lead team to attain/exceed production goals on a daily basis
- Have a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding production environment
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with an emphasis on the flow to work concept
- Strong root cause analysis mindset
- Willingness to adhere to all safety policies and procedures
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in corrugated packaging, folding carton or containerboard industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field
- Experience using KIWI and MP2
- Formal Lean Six Sigma training
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf