Pulp Mill Superintendent/Manager
- 045409 Requisition #
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Lead the departments to achieve a safety & environmental incident free workplace by identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality.
- Manage and direct the work process for the high yield pulping, causticizing plant and woodyard operations.
- Provide leadership consistent with our MBM® guiding principles to facilitate the development of oneself and the salaried & hourly department personnel to improve operational performance of the department and facility.
- Continuously evaluate & identify constraints to eliminate quality & production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability & yield to improve our relative competitive position.
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance & capital projects.
- Provide daily support & technical expertise to area operators & maintenance personnel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & tasks effectively.
- Provide strategic & tactical thinking and decision making.
- Effectively provide written & verbal communication throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proactively innovative with a high sense of urgency, disciplined, accountable, proven good judgment & decision making, economic & critical thinking skills, and effective problem solving.
- Maintain high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Paper Science or other technical discipline OR 10+ years of progressive responsibility in Pulp & Paper industry
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend duty as necessary to manage facility performance
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and problem solving ability; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution
What Will Put You Ahead?
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience in high yield pulping & causticizing plant
- Experience supervising an operating department
- Experience working within Process Safety Management covered processes
- Basic process control knowledge/experience
- A basic knowledge and understanding of product stewardship and quality systems
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft project, CMMS, and PI
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf