Senior Textile Applications Development Scientist- Activewear
- 045872 Requisition #
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
In support of its long-term vision, INVISTA Apparel is currently seeking a Senior Textile Applications Development Scientist with a solid technical (textile science, materials science, polymer science, physical or analytical chemistry) background. Success in this role will require a strong interest in applying that background to the creation of profitable textile innovations within the Activewear, Sportswear, and Outerwear market spaces. The individual would play a key role in developing innovative new technologies as a principal or lead investigator. They will be tasked with innovative problem solving, and the development of intellectual property that enables commercially successful product and service offerings in this market space.
• Identify unmet customer needs and market trends, and to translate those into practical new product solutions in our apparel market space.
• Assist the business in creating competitive advantage through with these solutions through the development of intellectual property, trade secrets, and to enable first to market incumbency.
• Ownership of the technology component of new innovations throughout the launch/commercialization process. Specific initiatives to include new elastic fiber developments for knitted and woven stretch fabrics and to work on product suitability and consistency for products sold into our active outerwear and sportswear marketing segments. This includes products marketed and sold under our LYCRA(R) and COOLMAX(R) brands.
• Responsible for providing technical support to new and existing customers by applying product and application knowledge in trouble-shooting and product qualification efforts.
• Work in close collaboration with Marketing and Sales organizations, supporting market launches of new product offerings through technical presentations, customer support, competitive benchmarking and analysis, and participation in framing the business opportunity for new innovations in the apparel market space.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or Textile Science AND 5 years of experience in the textile or closely related industry OR a Master's Degree or PhD in one of the above disciplines
- Ability to travel up to 20% including international travel
- Experience working with customers to resolve product performance problems and to identify new opportunities to create a profitable product pipeline
- Technical understanding of the synthetics fibers industry, standard fabric manufacturing processes, and a basic understanding of the apparel value chain from fiber to garment
- Experience in all elements of the product development cycle, ideation, scouting, development, introduction, scale-up and commercialization of new products
- Experience in designing experiments and testing programs in a safe and compliant manner
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf