SERVICE TECHNICIAN II
- KOCH CHEM TECH (Membrane/John Zink/Koch-Glitsch/KHT/KSPS/OPD/Knight)
- 045418 Requisition #
- The installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment on our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limit to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Technicians will be required to install, navigate and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices.
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for customer inquiries
- Provide end user training and participates in cross training within the service department.
- Provides recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment
- Carries a company cell phone and is on call for customer emergency service 24/7
- Maintain service vehicle and inventory of company provided tools and spare parts for equipment.
- Completes all required service ticket information and gets customer acceptance of services and parts provided
- Generates/ modifies technical documents to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment.
Work Experience/Skills REQUIRED
- One (1) year experience understanding and apply National Electrical code (NEC)
- One (1) year experience reading and understand P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- One (1) year experience troubleshooting experience with 480 VAC, and 24VDC wiring and circuits.
- Understanding of computer networking applications
- One (1) year experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills in English both oral and written
- Demonstrated safe work habits in an industrial environment
- Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
Work Experience/Skills PREFERRED
- Two (2) years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment.
- Two (2) years’ experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs.
- Two (2) years’ experience with safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E
- Six (6) months experience with GE, Allen Bradley, and Control Logix Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical or equivalent in a relevant field or military service.
- Two (2) or Four (4) year technical degree
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- 60% Travel
- Outdoor work environment; uneven work surfaces; climbing ladders; lift and carry up to 50lbs for extended periods of time
- 24/7 call out potential must be able to work scheduled & unscheduled overtime
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion continues this legacy as a global leader in developing next-generation products, technologies and solutions to increase efficiency and enhance air quality through the clean, efficient combustion of fossil fuels. John Zink branded products include flares, flare gas recovery systems, boiler and process burners, thermal oxidizers, and vapor and biogas control systems.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has more than 1,600 employees worldwide to serve our global customers. Our world headquarters is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with additional European operations in Luxembourg, the UK, and sales and service offices strategically located worldwide.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion's technologies are put to work every day by industry giants worldwide that refine oil, produce plastics, distribute fuels, transport energy, and manage waste. Our engineers literally wrote the book on combustion; The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook is an industry standard reference book. Since its publishing, this book has been a top seller of technical reference books.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has a team of world class researchers that uses a variety of approaches to develop patented technologies and continuously improves our portfolio of products. Our Research and Development Test Center, located at our Tulsa headquarters, includes a wide range of state of the art testing capabilities. The next generation of ultra-low-emission combustion and environmental systems is engineered and exhaustively tested at industrial scale to measure performance under a wide range of operating conditions. A team of Ph.D. engineers uses advanced computer hardware and computational fluid dynamic software to solve complicated turbulent fluid flow problems involving multiple step chemical reactions and non-linear heat transfer.
The world-renowned JOHN ZINK INSTITUTE sets new standards in knowledge-sharing through accredited, practical courses on process and boiler burners, process and biogas flares and vapor control technologies. Our world-class management systems are recognized and certified for meeting or exceeding industry standards in quality (ISO 9001), safety and health (OHSAS 18001), and the environment (ISO 14001).
John Zink Company LLC is a Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC company. To learn more about John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, visit www.johnzinkhamworthy.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf